Its amazing how food just has a special way of evoking memories from the past… Have you ever woken up one morning and as you are staring into the ceiling and trying to recollect you last nights dreams, you are suddenly distracted by the thought of what you’ll have for breakfast?? Well, today that happened to me! I was taken back about 10 years ago when I was first introduced to Cinnamon Toast. I was at my friends Bradley & Paul’s house, Moses was busy in the kitchen while Paul and I were probably playing fifa or making silly jokes. Suddenly as if out of nowhere, the whole house was filled with the sweet aroma of warm toast infused with cinnamon and caramelized sugar.
I vividly remember my first bite.
It was heavenly!
- 6 slices bread
- ½ cup sugar (more to taste)
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon (more to taste)
- Salted butter or margarine, softened
- In a small bowl or jar, mix together cinnamon and sugar.
- Spread butter or margarine evenly on one side of the toast.
- Sprinkle generously the cinnamon and sugar mixture over the buttered side of the toast.
- Place the bread in the toaster or a hot pan for 3 minutes or until the sugar has caramelized
- Alternatively, place the toast on a baking sheet and bake in a hot oven for 10 minutes.
- Feel free to adjust the ratios of Cinnamon and Sugar to suit your preferences.
Comment below and tell us how you like your cinnamon toast!